Several Ways to Get Excited and Celebrate Earth Day this Year*
Earth Day was founded in 1970 with the goal to spread education about environmental issues. We now celebrate this day globally on April 22nd, although many places have extended to Earth Week. On the first Earth Day, rallies were held across the US while speeches were given. It successfully raised awareness about environmental issues and was the catalyst for many important legislative changes.
How Can I Participate in Earth Day?
There are many ways to participate in celebrating and saving our planet. First, take time to educate yourself about current environmental and climate issues. Begin by reading through different events and programs on Earthday.org. Find a cause that interests you personally. There may even be local events going on in your community.
Here are a few ways you can invest in our planet and participate this Earth Day.
- Change your diet to fight climate change by incorporating Meatless Mondays into your weekly meal routine.
- Find your personal carbon footprint and then make changes to reduce it.
- Choose options without single-use plastics when out shopping.
- Buy and shop locally whenever possible. The shorter distance your food must travel, the less pollution it creates.
- Research greener energy options that may be available in your neighborhood for your home.
Although you’re only one person, you can still have an impact. Get your family, friends, and community involved and spread the word about different changes they can make. And if you really want to get involved, try writing to your local political offices to voice any concerns you may have. They can vote on changes that impact a larger scale.
It’s important to remember that you can make small changes any day of the year. You don’t have to wait for a particular holiday. If each person makes one change every day, we can see the difference on a larger scale.
Book A Demo
To book a Wellworks for You demonstration, please fully fill out this form and one of our trusty team members will be in contact with you shortly. We can’t wait to meet you!