As the incidence of diabetes increases, Wellworks For You continues to offer innovative solutions to support, empower and advise individuals with diabetes. We are seeking a Diabetes Health Coach to remotely engage individuals seeking to reverse Type 2 diabetes through lifestyle modifications. We’re looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated professionals with an appetite for growth. The position will be based in either our Malvern, PA or Raleigh, NC offices and be performed remotely with some travel into the office. Candidates must live in Pennsylvania, or North Carolina.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serve as an expert diabetes health coach. Support individuals efficiently and effectively to achieve the best outcomes possible.
- Engage individuals via a variety of communication tools, including telephone, secure messaging, chat, and an innovative mobile app that simplifies glucose level tracking (with any device) and provides trend-based insights.
- Respond to real-time out of range blood glucose notifications.
- Deliver education and personalized guidance according to Orthus Health protocol to help individuals better self-manage their condition and adhere to their care plan.
- Develop member-facing educational content and self-management tools to drive healthy behavior.
- Ability to recognize immediate care needs and triage/address accordingly.
- Refer individuals to licensed healthcare professionals as needed based on clinical care guidelines, including the ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, AHA Hypertension Clinical Guidelines and CDC DPP Lifestyle Management guidelines.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for ongoing clinical quality.
- Ensure standard operating procedures for wellness programs remain in compliance with all clinically-related legal and regulatory matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Robust knowledge of ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, AHA Hypertension Clinical Guidelines and CDC DPP Lifestyle Management guidelines.
- Substantial knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Motivated learner willing to acquire proficiency with the necessary technology, including computers, software applications, phone systems, etc.
- Desire to excel in a performance-based high-touch service environment (preferably with an inbound/outbound telephonic component)
- Thrive in a team environment, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced atmosphere and successfully collaborate with diverse groups at all levels of the organization.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Education: A BSN, MSN or Master of Science level education related to the fields of public health, epidemiology, health informatics, nursing or wellness science.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered Nurse. Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) strongly preferred.
Experience: Applicants should have experience in care management, disease management, public health strategies, wellness or related fields. Entrepreneurial self-starter motivated to build and refine clinical interventional strategies.
Specific Skills: Applicants should be familiar with analyzing medical and pharmacy data and developing strategies to effectively reduce health risk among populations. Other helpful skills would be a familiarity with population health management, disease management and behavioral change techniques.
Personal Skills: Applicant should be an effective communicator, written and verbal. The ability to lead and work vigorously in a team environment is crucial for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Disease Management: 3 years (Required)
- RN (Required)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (Preferred)
We believe that our company success thrives on the health and happiness of our team. If you are interested, apply today by submitting your resume below or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org