Getting in shape for Summer is easier than you thought with these quick tips.
Are you ready to jump into the pool this summer? Let’s be honest – most of us aren’t, and that’s okay! Just when we think we don’t have the time to exercise, Wellworks is here to save the day! Learn how to get in shape for Summer when you’re stuck in the office all day. Get ready for your Summer body while you work!
Before we teach you how to get a Summer body that’s ready for summer workouts, let’s talk about nutrition.
How To Get In Shape For Summer With Your Lunch Choices
If you’re looking to lose weight, here are 6 key elements to remember when packing your lunch for work.
- Calories – Try to keep your lunch between 400-450 calories.
- Carbs – Be sure that 40-55% of your lunch calories come from carbs. Carbs give your brain and body energy. Now, remember, this includes vegetables and fruits, not just grains!! Avoid refined carbs as much as possible.
- Protein – About 17-25% of your lunch should be protein. Protein will help you defeat that mid-day slump.
- Fats – Healthy fat should be around 30% of your total lunch. Great examples of healthy fats are avocados, nuts, seeds, olives and oils.
- Fiber – Your lunch should contain about 8 grams of fiber. You can get this through fiber-rich carbs and fiber-containing fats.
- Sugars – Less than 4 grams of added sugar should be contained in a healthy lunch.
The Best Way To Get In Shape For Summer At Work
Some of the best ways to get in shape can include walking during breaks, or having mobile tele-meetings. If you are going to be on a conference call, walk around and get a workout in. Learn how to get in shape for Summer while at your desk!
- Raise the Roof – For 20 reps, march in place and push your hands up to the ceiling, palms up, while holding water bottles.
- Triceps Kick – For 20 reps, march in place and bend at the hips about 45 degrees. Bend your elbows, then extend behind you as if you are lifting weights, then repeat.
- Knee Lift – For 20 reps, march in place while lifting your knee up as high as you can go and bending and extending your arms as your knees go up and down.
- Desk Pushups – For 10 reps, place your hands at the edge of your desk, shoulder width apart while you legs are out behind you. Push yourself up, then slowly lower down.
- Jump Squats – Bend into a squat, halfway, with your arms behind you. Jump into the air and reach for the sky. Land and come back into a partial squat.
- Chair Dips – With your legs in front of you, grab the edge of a stationary chair, squat down then lift yourself back up.
This isn’t about conforming to some fake photoshopped ideal; rather, we understand how important it is to be healthy and feel good in your own skin. For more information on how to stay in shape at your office – give us a call at Wellworks For You at 1-800-425-4657. Also, don’t miss out on our free trial to discover what Wellworks can do for your company.
How To Get In Shape For Summer | How To Get In Shape This Summer