Achieving wellness wasn’t meant to be impossible – Wellworks makes it easy.
What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear the word Wellness? Perhaps you hear exercise. If so, you might be thinking that Total Wellness means endless exercise. Now that sounds appealing! Okay, maybe for some. But let’s clarify.
Wellness can have many different definitions, but a general definition is achieving a healthy balance in your physical, mental, and spiritual health. Wellworks For You can help you to learn how to achieve total wellness and easily integrate healthy practices into your day-to-day lifestyle.
How To Achieve Total Wellness
- Define Your Goals – Divide your goals into 3 columns: Physical, Mental/Emotional, and Spiritual. Take the time to list no more than 2 goals in each column, to keep your goals realistic and within reach. It’s easy for us to want to do so much, but we don’t always have the strength and ability to achieve everything we want to achieve all at once.
- Define Your Motivation – What has brought on this desire for change? Perhaps you have found yourself overweight, and you can’t enjoy playing with your children the way you used to. Maybe you find yourself overwhelmed with anxiety or depression, and you need to find ways to improve your quality of life. Whatever the motivations are behind your goals, write them down and study them. Let these reasons motivate you every day so you can keep your eyes on the prize.
- Devise a Plan and Get Started – Now that you have your goals and motivation on paper, it’s time to create a plan and take the first steps towards following it. Are you in need of a physical trainer to help you get started? Maybe you need to meet with a therapist to discuss some issues that have been troubling you. Sometimes all we need to do is learn how to schedule our time better, so that our commitments can be better organized and not cause unnecessary stress. Whatever your goals are, be sure you have a plan for every single one that is broken down into real, achievable steps.
- Keep a Journal – According to Dr. Andrea Pennington, journaling or charting your progress is a key to how to achieve total wellness. When you journal, you can look back at your progress and develop confidence that will overflow into every area of your life, whether it’s physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual.
- Celebrate Your Success – This is not just a one-time party, this is an everyday occurrence. As you track your progress, be sure that you practice self care for at least 20 minutes everyday. Celebrate your successes by doing something you really enjoy, whether that’s resting with a good book, meeting up with a friend, or playing a game with family.
We at Wellworks For You hope that our “How To Achieve Wellness” article has helped you discover feasible ways for you to integrate these ideas into your day-to-day life.
Remember – total wellness isn’t about overwhelming yourself – it’s about fostering health and peace in your heart, mind, and body.
For more information on how Wellworks can show you how to achieve total wellness, give us a call today at 1-800-425-4657.
How To Achieve Total Wellness | How To Achieve Complete Wellness