When it comes to improving your health, it can be hard to know where to start. So many tips and tricks target specific areas of health: how to lose weight, how to stress less, how to eat for heart health… The lists go on and on. So where should you begin if you want to improve your complete health? At Wellworks For You, we understand how overwhelming so many particular practices can become. So, we’ve compiled a list of the top seven tips to help you improve your overall health.
- Start Walking. Just 30 minutes of walking each day can make a positive impact on your overall healthy, from strengthening your heart to boosting your happiness.
- Get More Sleep. To stay healthy, most adults need 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night. Without enough sleep, you won’t just be cranky; your body will also have a harder time recovering from illness and injury.
- Stay Hydrated. It is commonly recommended that adults drink at least 2 liters of water each day; good hydration helps with digestion, focus, and even your immune system.
- Eat More Fruits & Vegetables. Eating at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day can help reduce your risk of heart disease, strokes, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Quit Smoking. The health benefits of smoking cessation begin the moment you quit and continue to improve the longer you avoid smoking.
- Make A Doctor’s Appointment. Visiting the doctor isn’t just for when you’re sick; regular visits are important for blood pressure checks, cancer screenings, and immunizations.
- Take A Break. Mental and emotional health are important aspects of your complete health. Make sure you take the time relax, to process stress, and maintain healthy relationships.
Interested in learning more about the complete health benefits of any of the above tips? Check out the Wellworks For You blog for more information about how these practices can help you continue improving your overall health.