Summer can be a sobering reflection of how you’ve neglected your fitness. If you’re looking for some summer fitness motivation, you’ve come to the right place.
The 8 Worst (and Best) Quotes for Your Summer Fitness Motivation
- “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” – Kate Moss
Ascribing to low caloric intake is going to hurt you, not help you.
- “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.” – Jillian Michaels
Don’t sacrifice self awareness (long game) for more reps (short game).
- “X number of _____ will get rid of body fat.”
Spot reduction is a myth.
- “Lifting light weights will get you toned; lifting heavy weights will make you bulky.” False. The “bulky” men and women you see have worked intentionally for their gains.
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
In order to find your fitness motivation and stick with it, you need to make it a part of your life. Shake up your Netflix and chill sessions by bringing the entertainment to the gym on your phone.
- “The habits that took years to build do not take a day to change.” – Susan Powter
Working out for a week will not get rid of a belly bulge, but missing a workout will not wreck your progress.
- “If you have a body you are an athlete.” – Bill Bowerman And on that note… “Athletes train and eat, they don’t exercise and diet.” – Phil Stevens
Make a plan and set goals before every workout.
- “One workout at a time. One day at a time. One meal at a time.” – Chalene Johnson
Break down your long-term fitness goals into small steps and focus on achieving the goals right in front of you.
For more ideas on fitness motivation, and incorporating healthy habits into your life and workplace, call Wellworks For You today!
Summer Fitness Motivation | Fitness Motivation Summer