The explosion of wellness programs in workplaces across America has also brought a demand for wellness program incentives. Incentives for wellness programs provide extra motivation for employees to participate and accomplish goals.
While consistent participation in wellness programs certainly does have a positive ROI for employers, some companies are unable to spend large amounts of cash on wellness program incentives.
Does that mean that these companies are left up to the whims of their employee’s participation without any ability to encourage change? Of course not.
Wellworks For You has numerous wellness incentive ideas that you can utilize in order to promote wellness program participation, while still keeping your company in the black.
6 Effective Wellness Program Incentives
- Offer Company Merchandise. Most companies have some sort of branded merchandise that is often used for promotion and customer appreciation. Set some of these products aside for use as employee incentives. You can also order bulk items such as t-shirts, mugs, and gym bags with your company logo. These items can be very cost-effective and will last almost indefinitely.
- Award a Prize through a Drawing. Oftentimes it is too expensive to offer a prize for every single participant, but just the possibility of winning a quality prize is often enough motivation for employees to join in the challenge. Offer all participants entry in a drawing for a particular prize–you can even increase entries according to levels reached within the challenge.
- Partner with Local Businesses. Local businesses are almost always eager to partner with others as it provides instant and easy marketing. Consider gyms that may offer a discounted membership, theaters offering tickets to movies or show, local restaurants offering coupons, or startup bakeries offering healthy snacks.
- Recognize Participation. This is a simple and no-cost way to promote employee involvement. Recognize participation and goal achievement in company newsletters, bulletin boards, and especially in company meetings.
- Offer Parking Perks. The company parking lot can often look similar to the zoo on “kids-get-in-free” day. Offer up-close reserved parking spots for those who have reached milestones within the program. Virtually free and quite effective, you may see some employees eager to participate because of this one incentive.
- Reward with More Vacation Days. It’s been shown that taking an extra day away from the office actually increases productivity in employees. And who doesn’t love more vacation time?! Offer an extra day of paid vacation to participants who successfully complete a wellness program.
These are just a few affordable wellness program incentives that you can offer your employees. Incorporating a wellness program doesn’t have to empty your bank accounts! Wellworks For You offers even more unique ideas for increasing your wellness program participation.
Wellness Program Incentives | Incentives for Wellness Programs