Learn how to immediately lower your blood pressure when you’re feeling stressed and frustrated with these simple tips.
We all have those moments where we feel our blood pressure rise whether from stress, anger, anxiety, frustration or something else. It’s important to know how to immediately lower blood pressure in those sorts of situations, so let’s look at a few ways to do so!
First, do you know what blood pressure is? Blood pressure is the pressure of the blood circulating in your body. It is closely related to the force and rate of your heartbeat and the size of your arteries. It is measured by the systolic number which (top number and usually the higher number) measures the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats. The diastolic number (bottom number and usually the lower number) measures the pressure in the arteries between heartbeats. Just for a benchmark, a normal range reading is 120 over 80.
So why is it so important to maintain a healthy range? If your blood pressure is high and goes untreated it can damage vital organs, trigger a heart attack, or even lead to death. Good news though, there are plenty of ways to quickly lower your blood pressure, should it cross over into the high range – 140 or higher over 90 or higher.
5 Tips on How to Immediately Lower Blood Pressure
- Breathe, just breathe. This is a pretty simple one! You do it every couple of seconds so it’s not that big of a deal. But if you are stressed and feel your blood pressure rising you can take a few deep, slow breaths. Relax your body, sit with your eyes closed, and just concentrate on your breathing. Breathe in and breathe out slowly. If you do this for a few minutes you’ll feel your blood pressure come down!
- Listen to music. What? Yes, music! Specifically your favorite song. Listening to your favorite song will improve your mental state and will take your mind off of whatever is causing your high blood pressure. If you need to, put that favorite song on repeat until you feel calm again.
- Catch some rays. The sun puts everyone in a good mood and exposure to sunlight could change the amount of nitric oxide in the skin and blood which will reduce your blood pressure. That’s pretty simple.
- Talk to someone. Sometimes talking to a supportive person about what is bothering you can help reduce the stress and frustration. Venting is an easy and quick way to get whatever it is out. Talk, breathe, vent, breathe, and just like that your blood pressure is lowered and you feel better!
- Go for a walk. When you get frustrated or angry a little break can do wonders. Go for a short walk to diffuse the situation and catch your breath. Even though walking can get your heart rate up, when your blood pressure is high due to frustration or stress it can actually lower it by taking your mind off the stress factors.
So, what do you think about those tips on how to immediately lower blood pressure? The great thing about all of them is that they are suitable for any age and can easily be executed. All it takes is a few minutes to ensure that your blood pressure is in a healthy range.. For more information on how to immediately lower blood pressure, contact us today! Our mission is to help you and your team live well.
How To Immediately Lower Blood Pressure | How To Quickly Lower Blood Pressure