Promote Healthy Living With Wellness Lunch and Learns
Has your office fallen into a lunchtime rut? Twelve o’clock rolls around and everyone scatters to the local fast food place, or to the break room to reheat leftovers from last night’s dinner. Maybe some people even skip lunch altogether and run errands instead.
You and your employees deserve better! Lunch shouldn’t be a hurried bite to eat before getting back to work. Lunch should energize and revitalize you for the rest of the day. Maybe it’s time you schedule some wellness Lunch and Learns and make lunch special again. Simply hosting a Lunch and Learn presentation during lunch once a month will help educate and engage your office on a variety of health and wellness topics. It’s easier than you might think!
How to Host a Health and Wellness Lunch and Learn Presentation:
- Pick a Topic: This is a great way to gauge interest among the office – ask what topics people are interested in learning more about. This way you won’t waste your time planning an elaborate wellness lunch and learn that no one wants to attend!
- Plan the Presentation: Enlist a speaker who is an expert on the chosen topic, or simply use a corporate wellness company such as Wellworks For You, which already has a team of specialists to host your presentation.
- Make Lunch: To make this an extra special event, consider having your lunch and learn presentation catered by a local healthy restaurant, or have everyone bring a nutritious dish for a fun office potluck!
- Mark the Calendar: Make a healthy lifestyle lunch and learn part of your office’s routine. By scheduling them on the same day each month, you will be maximizing attendance and engagement.
Proven Wellness Lunch and Learn Topics:
- Stress and Time Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Good Fats vs. Bad Fats
- Physical Activity at Work
- Healthy Foods On the Go