3 Reasons To Provide A Fitbit For Employees
Did you know that a report in February of 2017 demonstrated that 23.2 million people in the U.S. actively use their Fitbit?
It’s easy to see the appeal of the Fitbit. In an era when a “competitive edge” seems to depend on getting the most accomplished in as little time as possible, necessities like sleep, nutrition and physical fitness can often play second fiddle. A Fitbit tracks all these things and more. Providing a Fitbit for employees might be worth every penny.
To maximize the value added of using a Fitbit, Wellworks For You provides employers with two programs that sync with the Fitbit and similar smart devices: the Pedometer Program and Device App/Integration. And the opportunities for Fitbit corporate challenge ideas are virtually limitless!
Why Choose a Pedometer Program and a Fitbit For Employees
Our Pedometer Program is designed to enable customization of each employee’s needs and desires. With our Pedometer Program, you can create fun, healthy and engaging challenges for your employees, such as:
- The Virtual Pedometer Challenge – this program allows you to create challenges for your employees by creating custom routes that travel through places like Australia, Europe, Africa and more!
- 10K A Day – using their Fitbit, employees track steps throughout the day. 10,000 daily steps are recommended in living a healthy lifestyle.
- Satellite Image Viewing – employees are able to track their progress during challenges and view satellite images along their route.
Our Device/App Integration works seamlessly with a Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone, My Fitness Pal, Runkeeper, Apple and Google Fit. The app tracks activities such as walking, heart rate, sleep, exercise, weight, and more. The data integration transfers the data directly to your corporate wellness portal to support corporate wellness challenges.
Looking for More Reasons to Provide a Fitbit for Employees?
If you need even more reasons to invest in a Fitbit for employees, check out these three:
- Investing in your employees’ well-being will ultimately result in a positive ROI.
- Unscheduled absenteeism in a workplace averages about $3,600 per year for each hourly worker and $2,650 per year for each salaried worker. Employees that are out of shape have a chance at being ill or injured over those that are in better health. By providing a Fitbit for your employees, you will help keep them in the office contributing to the bottom line (instead of out of the office costing you money!)
- Utilizing a Fitbit will make your employees more aware of their need for exercise. Increased physical activity leads to healthier bodies, minds, attitudes, and workplace morale.
For more information on how investing in a Fitbit for employees can coincide with Wellworks For Pedometer Program and Device/App Integration, or more Fitbit employee benefits, contact us now at 800-425-4657.