Change Your Day with These 5 Nutrition Wellness Habits
They say it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and form a new one. But if you never start on day number one, you most certainly will never make it to 21! Make today your day number one and start on a path to better wellness habits for a better life.
5 Simple Nutrition Wellness Habits You Can Start Today
- Start your day with breakfast-We hear it over and over again “I’m just not hungry in the morning!” But then what happens at lunch time, mid-afternoon, and midnight? Often, overconsumption. Your body needs as close to 12 hours of detox time (with no food intake) as possible, but it also needs fuel first thing in the morning. This kicks in your metabolism and actually provides greater calorie burning than if you had opted out of a morning meal. It also provides excellent fuel for your brain and energy.
If you’re not into a lot of work for a morning meal, try a green smoothie. It is packed with excellent nutrients and fiber. Throw some apples, banana, kale or spinach, yogurt, ice and milk of choice into a blender and enjoy a delicious yet simple option to start your day.
- Replace chips with nuts for snacks– stock your drawer at work with small packs of salted nuts so you’re less tempted to visit the vending machine for a mid morning pick-me-up. Better yet, if you just want the crunch, munch on a handful of raw nuts for added nutrients and less sodium.
- Eat Colorful Foods -every meal should involve a great deal of color. The more color on your plate, the more well-rounded your meal. Think of the produce department in your local grocery store. It’s a cascade of color in every bin. Have something green, purple, and orange all in one meal. You’ll be amazed at how just focusing on color will promote healthier nutrition choices for your meals.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal– Determine to drink a full glass of water before each meal. This will not only hydrate you, but also take up some stomach space with healthy fluids, causing you to consume less calories during the meal.
- Replace your dessert– some people find it almost impossible to give up their sweet treat at the end of a meal. If that’s you, try replacing your cookies with a small square of rich dark chocolate. There are some exotic flavors available now and because they are so rich, one square is plenty to do the trick.
Do you feel overwhelmed to think of tackling all of these wellness habits at once? Don’t fret! Just pick one and do that for the next 21 days. Once you’ve conquered that one, add another. Before half a year is up, you’ll have 5 nutrition habits in your daily routine that you won’t even have to think about. Because they’ll be a habit!
Wellness Habits | Health And Wellness Habits