Can A Total Corporate Wellness Program Boost Employee Productivity?
Employee productivity often drops after the holiday season. January is usually when employees lack energy, and are prone to illness and stay home. In this 24/7 world, it has become increasingly difficult maintain healthy diets and regular exercise. Incorporating work wellness programs has become popular over the years, but can it boost employee productivity?
Implementing a Total Corporate Wellness program may boost employee productivity and morale. According to the Center for Disease Control, employees can benefit by participating in these type of programs because comprehensive wellness programs promote adopting healthy behaviors, which may reduce serious or long term illness. Employees that participate in total corporate wellness programs are generally more productive because they have access to a wellness program and they know that their company values their health.
The Benefits for Employees and Employers When Investing In a Total Corporate Wellness Program
Whether you have a small or large company, there are benefits for both employers and employees alike.
Benefits for employees include:
- Awareness- Once employees receive a preliminary baseline assessment, they will receive snapshot of their overall health.
- Education- Learn how their lifestyle impacts their quality of living and how to manage or control unhealthy habits.
- Engagement- Employees actively participate in the wellness program that provides social support.
- Maintenance- Employees are more likely to stay motivated when the company culture supports these efforts- for example, making sure that the stairs are accessible and that the vending machines offer healthy snacks.
- Motivation- Creating mini-challenges with incentives to participate can help keep employees motivated. Employees and employers might participate a 5K Walk or Run for charity, or try a weight loss challenge.
Benefits for employers include:
- Decreased employee absenteeism due to improved overall health of their employees.
- Increased productivity because employees work in a supportive and healthy workplace.
- Lower insurance and worker’s compensation costs when health and safety policies are implemented and enforced.
- Increased employee retention and a total corporate wellness program may be included as part of the benefits package to attract new talent.
What better time to create a comprehensive corporate wellness program? Wellworks For You is here to help! If you’d like to learn more please visit us at www.wellworksforyou.com or call us at 800.425.4657.
Total Corporate Wellness | Total Wellness Corporate