5 Of The Best Foods For Heart Health
Are you or a loved on in search of the best foods for heart health? Our team of experts and health coaches can lead you in the right direction.
In a world of processed foods and artificial flavors lies a secret garden of healthy, natural and delicious foods. It may seem hard to imagine, right? Here at Wellworks For You we strive to provide you with delicious ideas on the best foods for a strong healthy heart.
Drumroll Please…The Best Foods For Heart Health!
- Salmon & Sardines – Quite the combination! Fatty fish such as salmon and sardines contain omega-3 fatty acids that lower the risk of irregular heartbeat and plaque build-up in the arteries.
- Oatmeal – There’s nothing better than this warm, delicious meal to start your day! Oatmeal lowers cholesterol due to the amount of soluble fiber. It soaks up any cholesterol in your digestive system and processes it through your body to keep that heart healthy.
- Blueberries – A nice topping to add to any oatmeal, yogurt, or just to munch on. Blueberries contain antioxidants that decrease blood pressure and dilate blood vessels to help the blood flow. In a recent study, it showed that women who ate more than 3 servings of blueberries and strawberries in a week had a 32% lower risk of heart attack.
- Dark Chocolate – No, it’s not too good to be true! The only catch is that this only goes for chocolate made up of 60%-70% cocoa, not milk chocolate. Dark chocolate, like blueberries, contain antioxidants that help with blood pressure, clotting and inflammation. This reduces the risk of nonfatal heart attacks and stroke.
- Potatoes – Just because they’re made of starch doesn’t mean they’re bad for your health. Potatoes are rich in potassium, which can lower blood pressure; and they are also high in fiber, which lowers the risk of heart disease. As long as they’re not deep-fried, they are far from junk food and have lots of health benefits.