Looking to add a new aspect to your company’s wellness program? How about getting some lunch and learn ideas and making these presentations a part of your office’s routine?
Corporate lunch and learns are a great way to foster community and growth in the workplace. Less formal than most training and seminars, the casual setting of a lunch and learn presentation facilitates education in a fun, relaxed way.
Top 3 Lunch and Learn Tips:
- Be Relevant – Don’t waste your time organizing a presentation on a topic no one in your office is interested in, or that won’t benefit them. For example, if no one in your office smokes, you wouldn’t host a presentation on smoking cessation, right? Ask for suggestions, or send out a short email survey with some potential topics to gauge interest.
- Make a Routine – We are creatures of habit. Decide how often you want to hold lunch and learn presentations – weekly, monthly, quarterly? Then try to hold the events at the same time and day of the week so that they become a part of your routine, and something employees can look forward to.
- Follow Up – Make your new knowledge last by providing useful handouts and facilitating follow up discussions on each lunch and learn topic. Keeping the momentum going after the presentation will make people more excited to attend future events, and become more engaged in the learning experience.
Here at Wellworks For You, we conduct 30 or 60 minute Lunch and Learns on a variety of topics. Our speakers are experts in their fields and will provide educational tools as well as facilitating interaction.
Lunch and Learn Topics:
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats
- Summer Safety
- Stress and Time Management
- Quick Healthy Meals
- Physical Activity at Work
- And Many More!
To learn more about the topics we offer, or to turn these lunch and learn ideas into a regular part of your workplace routine, give us a call today!