Be Prepared With These Health Risk Assessment Example Questions
Many employers require their employees to complete occasional health risk assessments. These analyses help determine insurance costs, but they can also bring attention to potential health problems before they become an issue. So, while these screenings may seem like a chore, or like they only help your boss’s bottom line, they can actually be catalysts for healthy change.
The negative connotation associated with the word, “risk,” is why some people prefer to call these screenings a “health assessment” or a “wellness profile.” Those terms actually better describe the analysis provided, as they are basically a report card for your health.
If you’ve got one of these screenings coming up, you may be wondering what to expect. When it comes to preparing for a Health Risk Assessment, example questions can help you feel more comfortable during the process. We’ve put together a list of questions that you may see on a health risk assessment form so you can feel confident on the day of your screening.
Health Risk Assessment Example Questions:
(Note that screenings operate differently. For this sample health risk assessment, “answer” these questions using a 1-5 system, with “1” meaning “Never/Almost Never” and 5 meaning “Always/Almost Always.”)
- I engage in moderate physical activity for at least 20 to 30 minutes at least 5 times a week.
- I eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables each day (one serving equals one half cup).
- I eat at fast food restaurants less than three times per week.
- I see my physician for routine check-ups, health screenings, and disease prevention.
- I avoid the use of tobacco products (cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, cigars, and pipes).
- I protect my skin from sun damage by using sunscreen, wearing hats, and avoiding tanning booths.
- I feel that I have family and friends that I can confide in to assist in managing stress.
Hopefully these health risk assessment example questions have given you an idea what to expect from your upcoming health assessment. If you’d like to learn more, or if you’d like to schedule an assessment at your workplace, contact us today. We’ve developed our own evidenced-based health risk assessment and education tool, “Know Your Number,” that provides a personalized risk reduction plan.
Health Risk Assessment Example | Health Risk Assessment Examples