Get in Shape For Summer With a Work Fitness Challenge
Memorial Day, the “unofficial start to summer,” is just around the corner, but there is still time to get in better shape before beach season. Easier said than done when you spend eight (or more!) hours a day at work. Getting to the gym can be hard, so be an expert multi-tasker and get in shape while you’re at the office!
Hosting a fitness challenge at work is a fun, easy, way to get the whole office focused on improving their health and wellness. Everyone loves a little friendly competition, and they will also love the improvements they see in their fitness. They may even adopt some of the wellness challenge ideas into their daily routine, for true, lasting changes to their health.
The key to making any fitness challenge work for your office is engagement. You don’t need to make participation mandatory – people may balk at that – but make your challenge fun and enticing enough that your employees want to be part of it.
Fun and Easy Office Fitness Challenge Ideas:
- Virtual Pedometer Challenge: Go on a virtual race around the globe by tracking your walks with the interactive WellTrek program. This allows you to “see” the world while counting the steps you take each day.
- Mile-a-Day Challenge: Earn a point for each day you walk, run, or bike one mile. Keep track for a month, and award prizes for the most points.
- Be Spontaneous: Remember those dreaded pop-quizzes in school? Keep the office on its toes by announcing impromptu challenges like, “Who brought the healthiest lunch today?” or “Who can do the most push-ups?”
- Healthy Eating Challenges: Award points for healthy eating habits like, “5 Servings of Vegetables,” “Drinking 8 Glasses of Water,” “30 Days Without Soda.” The possibilities for this work fitness challenge are really endless, so get creative!
- Give Up Your Vices: This challenge is tailored to each individual, and points are given for reducing or giving up unhealthy behaviors. Everyone has a vice – be it smoking, not getting enough sleep, eating too much junk food – try and improve in those areas for an established period of time.
These fitness challenge ideas are simply the tip of the iceberg – your creativity is the only limit to coming up with fun ways to become healthier together as an office. For more tips, or help implementing your own wellness challenges, contact Wellworks For You today.