Succeed More With These Corporate Wellness Management Tips
Whether your business has 800 employees or 8, you can still have a flourishing health and wellness program for your workplace. With effective corporate wellness management, even the smallest companies can build a wellness program without a major investment.
By now, the ROI of corporate wellness programs is well known – resulting in an average of a 27 percent reduction in sick leave absenteeism, and a 26 percent reduction in health care costs. So even if hiring a full time corporate wellness manager doesn’t fit into the budget, implementing some sort of health program certainly makes sense.
5 Corporate Wellness Management Ideas to Get You Started:
- Assess your needs: What will your employees benefit from the most in a wellness program? Do you have a lot of smokers in your office? Have you heard anyone lamenting that they wished they had more time to exercise? In small companies especially, reaching out to your employees for their input can be invaluable.
- Go Smoke Free: Implementing a “No Smoking” policy is one of the biggest ways you can improve your employee’s health. According to the CDC, men who smoke incur $16,000 more in lifetime health costs than non-smokers; that figure increases to $18,000 for female smokers. Providing a smoking cessation program will improve health and cut healthcare costs.
- Host a Screening: A key component of any effective workplace wellness management is to know what you’re dealing with! By hosting a Health Assessment at your office, you and your employees will learn your individual risk areas, what areas you’re doing well in, and where you could use some improvement.
- Create an Environment of Wellness: If you really want to take a straightforward approach towards corporate wellness management, simply start transforming your office into a healthier place. Swap out candy bowls for fruit, provide bike storage to encourage biking to work, start a pedometer challenge! These seemingly small steps can make a huge difference.
- Evaluate Results: Check in with employees every now and then – are they feeling healthier? Losing weight? Have they quit smoking? Figure out what is working and what isn’t and adjust accordingly.
Get started with these ideas, and if you would like to learn more about corporate wellness management, contact Wellworks For You for more advice!